Portland Training is one of the UK’s leading Independent Training Providers established in 2014 with multiple contracts delivery high quality training programmes nationally. Our vision is to build and maintain a lasting impression through outstanding training and development, establishing us as the provider of choice. At Portland Training our values are reflected in everything we do (Believe, Encourage, Support, Together) and we strive to be the BEST. At Portland we foster a culture of inclusivity, positivity and collaborative ways of thinking.
What the role involves:
As Quality Manager you will ensure effective management of the team of tutors and ensure quality of education across all contracts from Ofsted, funding body and audit perspectives overseeing all aspects of the learner journey.
You will lead on all quality assurance visits and update the Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement plans and process. Supporting the team of Internal Quality Assurers to deliver and promote outstanding assessment practice.
In addition, you will work with the wider team and other key stakeholders to continually review, improve, and develop quality processes and policies, to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Line manage a team of tutors and carry out quarterly one to ones and performance reviews
- Support IQA’s with planning, delivery and standardisation to ensure consistent delivery & promote outstanding assessment practice
- Lead the inter department observation team, including scheduling, observing, and providing support to improve the quality of IAG and teaching and learning delivered to ensure outstanding results
- Lead continuous improvement through rigorous self-assessment and the effective implementation of quality improvement plans
- Produce concise reports to inform leaders and managers of updates and key information, including data sets and action plans
- Manage the development of current and new curriculum, working closely with the Director of Employment Services to respond to stakeholder training needs driving the quality of programmes and ensuring they are working towards outstanding Ofsted grades
- Act as a Lead for Ofsted and External Verifier visits and support for any other auditable visits
- Analyse achievement rates and statistical data in order to complete Quality Improvement Plans across the business, ensuring that all programmes and funding streams are working towards Outstanding Ofsted grades reflected in the SAR and QIP
- Experience in leading on or supporting the quality assurance and improvement processes within an organisation
- Experience of working in education, such as teaching, assessing or verifying
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to produce and manage action plans to raise quality standards
- Excellent knowledge of ESFA funding compliance. In addition to other funding streams that supports the skills sector
- Proven managerial experience including line management of staff
- Occupationally competent in accordance with Awarding Body guidelines
- Understanding of the SAR and QIP process
- Experience of Ofsted inspection(s) with minimum grade 2 achieved
- Recognised Teaching Qualification e.g. PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS
- Level 4 IQA qualification or willingness to work towards one
- TAQA or equivalent assessing qualification
- As we have numerous sites over a wide geographical area some occasional travel may be required therefore the ideal candidate will have a driving licence and own vehicle.
- 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Excellent personal development (CPD) opportunities
- Annual Christmas shutdown
- Eye care vouchers
- Expenses and Mileage
Please email your CV to email@example.com and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.