Job title: Freelance Occupational Studies Tutor
Responsible to: Quality, Training & Development Manager
Purpose of job:
To plan, prepare, and delivery high quality and innovative Occupational Studies/Vocational teaching and learning sessions that engage Adult learners and meet their individual needs and progress them into further training and/or employment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the delivery of the Occupational Studies curriculum by contributing to the scheme of work and innovative session plans.
- To prepare and review session plans, schemes of work and teaching and learning materials using initial assessments and marked work to take into account the learners individual needs.
- Carry out tasks as allocated during the start of each contract year, including the enrolment of new learners throughout the year where required.
- Contribute towards the planning and delivery of the Induction programme.
- Ensure effective CEIAG is carried out and use information obtained at enrolment/induction to ensure that learners programmes are planned to meet their needs.
- Agree individual learning plans that meet the needs of learners and support them to move closer to the labour market.
- Provide rigorous assessment and effective developmental feedback to learners via robust marking of learners work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners needs to do to improve.
- Consistently deliver good/outstanding teaching and learning to ensure a high quality learner experience and excellent achievement and progression rates.
- Ensure that learners wider work related skills are developed at every opportunity by delivering comprehensive and supportive job search sessions.
- Develop learners digital skills so that they are confident to use a ICT to support them in daily lives and to help them to progress.
- Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training, progress and achievement including;
- Learner Reviews
- Individual Learning Plans
- Attendance Records
- Action plans/feedback
- Any other contractual paperwork
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions that engage with learners and meet their individual learning needs.
- Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages with learners at all levels.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route into further training or employment.
- To develop and deliver high quality remote teaching and learning where required.
- To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression, and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body requirements are adhered at all times.
- Provide on-going information, advice, and guidance.
- Embed safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety into the learner’s programme.
- Responsible for Safeguarding of vulnerable Adults and ensuring Portland’s Safeguarding and Prevent policy and processes are adhered to at all times.
- To value and promote equality and diversity and inclusion at all times.
- Develop learners’ confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy
- Provide support and guidance to learners as well as providing more specific support for additional learning needs and additional social needs.
- Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training, and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training’s policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines.
- Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational.
- Ensure subject knowledge is continuously updated and this is reflected in teaching practice.
- To celebrate learner achievement and promote a positive culture at all times.
- Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Adhere to Portland Training’s policies and procedures at all times.
- May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours.
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification PGCE/Cert ED or equivalent
- L3 Assessor Award or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
- IAG Level 2 or willingness to work towards
- Good level of ICT skills
- Experience of working with unemployed adults in an educational setting
- Experience of roll on roll off delivery
- The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
- An understanding of Initial Assessment processes and how to use the information to inform teaching, learning and assessment.
- An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods
- Ability to motivate self and learners
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
- Contribute and work well as part of a team
- Some supervisory experience is desirable
- Full Driving Licence - Travel may be required
Please email your CV to email@example.com and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.