Job Title: Freelance - CSCS Tutor
Responsible to: Contracts Manager
Portland Training are currently expanding and have an exciting opportunity available for the right candidate to join our team.
We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus package and a holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing after two years of service, plus an additional day off for your birthday! Hard work is recognised and incentives/rewards given for this also.
Testament to our commitment to creating the best possible workplace we can, we have been awarded Investors in People, Gold Accreditation!
A commitment shared by everyone in the company – from our Managing Director Hollie to our Apprentices each individual takes ownership for making Portland Training a fantastic place to work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to deliver a range of Construction qualifications.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Quality team to develop new resources and materials.
- Teach via remote tools, workplace delivery and classroom.
- Work closely with employers to tailor the course material to workplace requirements.
- Support unemployed and disadvantaged learners to learn new skills and engage with the programme.
- Provide placement inductions and presentations for cohorts where required.
- Respond to learner placement queries and issues promptly.
- Providing an excellent level of customer service.
- To maintain contact and develop a rapport with new and existing learners.
- To complete initial assessments and in-depth SWOT analysis with learners to identify individual needs and build wider support packages.
- Responsible for managing individual diary to meet targets and fulfil KPIs.
- Accurately completing enrolment and exit paperwork with learners to a high standard.
- Providing IAG to the new learners as appropriate.
- Attending stakeholder drop-ins, job fairs and other marketing events to generate new business through promoting Portland Training’s provision.
- Update and maintain learner records including paper and electronic files.
- Familiarise yourself with the External Funding Body rules and Ofsted requirements.
- Read, understand, and contribute to Portland Trainings internal processes.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required by the management team.
- Willing to work remotely and cover different contract areas as required.
- Competency within the subject area.
- Experience in establishing/maintaining relationships with employers.
- Demonstrable track record of personally meeting quality delivery targets within previous programmes of a similar nature.
- Knowledge of Care Skills requirements.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both in verbal and writing.
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach.
- Contribute and work well as part of a team.
- Full driving licence, own vehicle and business insurance as travelling will be required as learners will be spread over a geographical area/nationally.
- Most importantly a passion to teach and grow individuals knowledge within the technical industry.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.