Level 2 Diploma in Removal Of Hazardous Waste
Hazardous materials (hazmat) removal workers identify and dispose of asbestos, lead, radioactive waste, and other hazardous materials. They also neutralize and clean up materials that are flammable, corrosive, or toxic.
Is this course for you?
This course is for those who deal with hazardous waste in the work place.
There are 3 mandatory units within this qualification and 2 pathways depending on your role.
- General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Pathway 1 : Licensed Asbestos
- Pathway 2: Hazardous Waste
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).