Are you ready to Kickstart your future?
A new scheme has been launched aimed at supporting both businesses and employees during these uncertain times – the Kickstart Scheme.
Through this scheme, the government will support businesses in creating 6-month placements for people aged 16-24 years old who are unemployed/receiving Universal Credit.
Starting in November, the Kickstart Scheme is a brilliant opportunity for businesses and individuals alike.
How does it work?
- The government will fund minimum wage for individuals hired
- The funding is for up to 25 hours per week
- It also covers employer NI contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- There is no obligation to take anyone on post-placement, but assistance is available if you chose to
What is the eligibility criteria?
- The position must not replace an existing or planned vacancy
- The position should not cause employment loss or staffing reduction
- The position should not require extensive training to begin
Where do we come in?
At Portland Training, it’s our job to connect employers and local Job Centres, to…
1) Facilitate the initial bid
2) Aid the recruitment process
3) Provide upskilling assistance during the placement
How can I get involved?
Whether you’re a business looking to take on a new employee, or an individual looking for a placement, fill out the enquiry form below to find out more!
Remember to quote the subject as “Kickstart Scheme”.
Or you can call our team for a chat on 0114 205 5515!