Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Highways Maintenance
Construction Operations involves any activity that contributes to the delivery of construction projects such as constructing, altering, repairing, extending and demolishing.
There are a number of pathways available depending on your job role.
Is this course for you?
This qualification enables the learner to illustrate their skills, knowledge and understanding required in their selected skill. It provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in general building operations to demonstrate their competence.
There are 8 optional pathways available to this course depending on your job role. These are:
- Modular Pavement Construction
- Drainage Construction
- Excavation and Reinstatement
- Flexible Pavement Construction
- Highways Maintenance – Structural Concreting
- Highways Maintenance – Non-Structural Concreting
- Highways Maintenance – Laying Kerbs and Channels
- Highways Maintenance – General Building Operation
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).