Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems
A waterproofing membrane is a thin layer of water-tight material that is laid over a surface. This layer is continuous and does not allow water to pass through it. On a flat terrace, a waterproofing membrane may be laid above the structural slab and below the finish tiles.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace where candidates are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the construction industry. There are 3 specialist pathways available listed below.
There are 5 mandatory units in this qualification and 3 further optional pathways:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare
- Conforming to productive working practices
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Preparing and applying surfaces for membrane roofing systems
- Repairing and applying membrane roofing systems
- Pathway 1: Reinforced Bitumen Membrane Roofing
- Pathway 2: Single Ply Membrane Roofing
- Pathway 3: Liquid Applied Membrane Roofing Systems
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).