Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
Bricklayers build the interior and exterior walls of buildings, which may involve constructing new buildings or repairing and maintaining existing ones. A variety of specialist tools are used to spread mortar, cut bricks or blocks to size and to check that walls are perfect. Brickwork is an essential part of many structures and a bricklayer needs to be able to read plans and drawings to make sure that the structure is accurate and meets design requirements.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed for workers within the bricklaying trade to gain a recognised qualification in their occupational area.
- Induction to the programme
- General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Recognising and implementing productive working practices
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Erecting masonry structures
- Setting out masonry structures
- Plus one additional unit tailored to your job role
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).