Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Steel Fixing Occupations
Steel fixing involves positioning and securing steel bars and steel mesh used in reinforced concrete on construction projects. Work involves following engineering drawings that details the type of bar and the spacing used and setting out the work.
Is this course for you?
This NVQ will develop you’re your knowledge and skills in areas such as general health, safety and welfare; productive working practices; and moving, handling and storing resources.
- General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Slinging and hand signalling the movement of suspended loads in the workplace
- Prefabricating reinforcement steel sections
- Fixing steel in situ
- Cutting and bending reinforcement steel to shape
- Conforming to productive working
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).