Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Steel Erecting
Steel erecting is the installation and dismantling of structural steel frames of building and engineering projects. The structural steel installation is usually crane assisted and utilises mobile elevated work platforms or scissor lifts as the structure progresses.
Is this course for you?
You will be required to read and interpret engineering drawings, establish the correct position of the structure to be assembled, use cranes and mobile work platforms.
- Induction to the programme
- Work safely and minimise risk in steel erection
- Contribute to effective working relationships in steel erection
- Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies in steel erection
- Move structural steel sections under supervision
- Install structural steelwork components
- Work safely at height on steel structures
- Assemble bolted joints in structural steelwork
- Dismantle structural steelwork components
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).