Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Lifting Operations – Slinger/Signaller
The job of a slinger signaller is one of the most important jobs on a building site. It requires skill, diligence, and concentration, working alongside the lifting teams to provide safe direction and supervision to the crane operators.
Is this course for you?
This qualification enables the learner to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate competence in the workplace.
There are 4 mandatory units to this qualification. These are:
- Attaching and preparing suspended loads for movement using lifting accessories
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices
- Guiding, positioning and placing suspended loads
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).