Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations – Site Carpentry
Site carpenters work with wood on construction site or in domestic or commercial premises. They will use traditional woodworking tools as well as specialised power or hand tools for cutting, shaping, smoothing and finishing.
Is this course for you?
This qualification enables the learner to demonstrate and recognise skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence as a site carpenter within the construction industry.
- General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Shop fitting site
- Shop fitting bench
- Plus one additional unit tailored to your job role
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).