Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services - Roadbuilding (Construction)
Construction Operations involves any activity that contributes to the delivery of construction projects such as constructing, altering, repairing, extending and demolishing.
There are a number of pathways available depending on your job role.
Is this course for you?
This qualification enables the learner to illustrate their skills, knowledge and understanding required in their selected skill. It provides the opportunity for individuals working in the construction and the built up environment sector to demonstrate their competence.
There are 14 optional pathways available to this course depending on your job role. These are:
- Bituminous Paving – Machine
- Concrete Paving – Machine
- Slurry/Micro Surfacing – Machine
- Slurry/Micro Surfacing – Manual
- Surface Dressing – Machine
- High Friction Surfacing – Machine
- High Friction Surfacing – Manual
- Planing – Machine
- Road Recycling – Machine
- Soil Stabilisation – Machine
- Surface Retexturing – Machine
- Pavement Marking – Machine
- Pavement Marking - Manual operations
- Marking - Road Studs
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).