PUWER applies to the provision of all work equipment, including toolbox tools, laboratory apparatus, ladders, lifting and mobile work equipment.
PUWER applies to all workplaces and work situations where the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 applies.
This training is appropriate for managers, supervisors and safety professionals looking for either entry level or revision of the principles of PUWER and machine risk assessment.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- PUWER regulations and other relevant regulations
- The requirements imposed by the regulations and how they affect them and their organisation
- Be able to interpret information from the regulations to assist them to comply
- The requirement for PUWER assessments to be carried out in the workplace
- Be able to obtain information to assist in conducting a PUWER assessment
- Be able to assess a variety of work equipment, and the use of such equipment, in terms of safety and suitability
- Be able to complete relevant documentation and report any unsuitable work equipment
A certificate will be issued to each individual after successful completion of the course.
£400 +vat per course (max number of delegates 12)