Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Passive Fire Protection
Passive Fire Protection is an integral component of the components of structural fire protection and fire safety in a building. It attempts to contain fires and slow the spread using fire-resistant walls, floors, and doors.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in passive fire protection.
This qualification is suitable for trade’s people responsible for installing passive fire protection.
- General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Productive working practices in the workplace
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Plus optional units depending on your job role - can include ductwork systems, dry cladding
- Coatings, fire stopping, cavity barriers and resisting.
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).