Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Formwork
Formwork is the structure used to contain poured concrete and to mould it to the required dimensions and support until it is able to support itself. Different formwork systems provide a range of concrete construction solutions that can be chosen to suit the needs of a particular development.
Is this course for you?
This NVQ is designed for learners who specialise in the discipline of formwork and joinery within the construction industry.
- Fabricating and maintaining timber and proprietary formwork systems in the workplace
- Erecting and striking timber and proprietary formwork in the workplace
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).