Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Dry Lining Fixing
Dry-lining is the attachment of plasterboard to the internal face of a block wall to facilitate a smooth finish that can be decorated immediately after the taper and joint process.
Is this course for you?
This course provides a nationally recognised qualification for those working in the construction and the built environment sector working across a broad range of areas. It is designed to assess
occupational competence in the workplace where candidates are required to demonstrate skills and knowledge to a level required in the construction industry.
There are 5 mandatory units within this qualification. These are:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare
- Conforming to productive working practices
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Installing dry lining systems in the workplace
- Installing plasterboard linings in the workplace
Once a learner has been enrolled on to the programme, they will be assigned a dedicated assessor with extensive knowledge and experience in your chosen qualification.
This NVQ qualification is delivered by a number of successful methods including:
- Practical assessment in the work setting
- Independent coaching and mentoring
- Evidence gathering
- Career planning
- Verbal questioning to demonstrate knowledge
- Opportunities to access group training
This course can be completed within 3 to 5 months and contains assessments carried out in the workplace.
This qualification allows the operative to gain their NVQ Level 2 Diploma which will enable them to apply for their blue skilled workers card (CSCS card).